Literally as we just settle back into work, the awards season is already upon us; and no one does it quite as big and as OTT as The Golden Globes (well, apart from the Oscars!).
As per usual nearly everyone who adorned the red carpet on the way into the Beverly Hilton was as polished as the Bvlgari diamonds which adorned their neck, but there were a few – of course – stragglers who I think personally will be hanging their head in shame this morning when they read back the harsh critic reviews. One that I was quite surprised to see was Natalie Portman, after producing an array of eye-catching outfits whilst promoting her latest film ‘Black Swan’, she startled in a gorgeous grecian Victor & Rolf gown which seemed to have been violated with an embellished red rose to match her clutch bag and lipstick. I can, of course get over this as she was a million miles away from the worst of the evening who included:
1. Helena Bonham Carter – Vivienne Westwood great, but the wrong paired shoes, John Lennon style sunnies and massive hair was a big no-no
2. Halle Berry – Sexy yes, but a teenager you are not (dress by Nina Ricci)
3. Heidi Klum – usually so slick, but not in this Marc Jacobs maxi dress
4. Michelle Williams – just the wrong type of floral Valentino gown for her shape
5. January Jones – Versace fabulous, but slightly too boobylicious for me
For best dressed, this was easy as the most effortlessly stunning and simple gowns won me over…
1. JLo – for that amazing cape and sexy dress (Zuhair Murad)
2. Angelina Jolie – stunning and simple in Versace
3. Mila Kunis – emerald was the colour of the evening and this Vera Wang frock was fab
4. Amy Adams – in a classic navy blue Marchesa frock
5. Dianna Argon – looking stunning and doing it for the Gleeks
Other celebs to pull out all the stops was actress Anne Hathaway, who looked fabulous in her daring low-cut back Armani Privé gown, whilst fishtails were also big on the red carpet as Milla Jojovich went back to her supermodel status in another elegant silver Armani Privé gown and singer Christina Aguilera also followed suit in a similar style dress by Zuhair Murad.
Finally if it wasn’t emerald, fishtail or nude hues then the dresses of the night were embellished to the max. Scarlett Johansson impressed in an understated 1920s inspired number whilst Sandra Bulluck took full opportunity to show off her shimmering Jenny Packham gown which made her look effortlessly cool, as she added lashings of eyeliner and a blunt fringe to boot.
For images visit